Lance Woodbury provides facilitation, mediation, management consulting and family business advisory services in a variety of situations, including:
- Crafting ownership and management succession plans and policies.
- Gaining owner, family member and/or key employee input on future management or ownership issues and/or workplace improvements, and integrating such feedback into planning efforts, thus enhancing communication and teamwork.
- Implementing strategic management initiatives, for example, SOP development, compensation plans, and sustainability policies.
- Identifying and implementing personal and professional development plans for successors, family members and key staff.
- Coordinating professional advisors’ services to families in creating or updating estate plans or reorganizing their business structure.
- Establishing governance and decision-making models, including advisory boards or formal boards of directors.
- Mediating disputes between owners, family members or key staff.
- Leading family business retreats and providing educational workshops on family business topics.
- Facilitating strategic planning efforts focused on long-term vision and direction, goals and growth strategies.
- Developing alliances, facilitating negotiations or resolving conflict between businesses or organizations.
- Initiating peer groups among owners of production agriculture businesses, ranging from shared educational initiatives to business investment opportunities.